Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Grace...

Core values are a complicated , however good, concept for a ten year old to grasp.
It was hilarious to be honest, I tried to explain, what these "kernwaardes" were, but it seems the FLL did a pretty good job with that one, because my son was already able to recite them perfectly.

* We are a team
* We do the work to find solutions with our coaches and mentors
* We honor the spirit of friendly competition
* What we discover is more important than what we win
* We share our experiences with others
* We display gracious professionalism in everything we do
* We have fun!

He knew them all; maybe not precisely in these words, but he was close enough to show me he understood!

They maybe will not travel to St Louis to win that contest, but they will certainly go to St Louis to grow, share and enjoy the interaction with everybody they meet.
My son is over the moon, he is so looking forward to this, he's infecting me now...

2 comments: